Thursday 6 November 2008

The Shape Of Things To Come

Right, first post is it?

Well, an introduction first. My name's Dan, but you can call me.. well, pretty much anything really. I'm a firm believer in free speech you see. So long as it's properly punctuated anyway.

I started this blog as a journal of my thoughts and experiences, in the hope that maybe people would draw inspiration from it, and go on to better their lives. Not really though, I'm just bored at work, and have a friend who suggested it. So I thought, why the hell not?

Incidentally, her name is Anna and her blog is at http://www.almostdailyexploits.com. It would seem rude not to plug it.

So, anyway, I'm a 24 year old guy; born, bred, and currently abiding in Cardiff, South Wales. I'm generally a bit of a lazy stoner bum, so I wouldn't expect any tales of derring-do or excitement here. Rather, I imagine I'll be blathering on about football, Lost and comic books; alternately bemoaning and praising my social life; laughing (or rofling, if you're one of those internet-type people) at largely inappropriate subjects; and over-using semicolons, because they're lovely.

Christ, I'm babbling already. This doesn't look good. I'd better say something serious, so as not to be immediately dismissed as a fool. Well, since it's the hot topic at the moment - good news on the American Election front. Well done Obama. I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but he's actually the first black President. You'd have thought the papers might have picked up on that. Anyway, luckily we're not sat here now with a gun-toting Creationist with one hand on the wheel of power, eh? Good on you Americans.

Also, a quick congratulations to Ryan Giggs, for rescuing my beloved United last night. Greatest Welshman ever? Aneurin Bevan might have been a decent chap, but he never won two Champions' Leagues, did he?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Making me laugh - or 'LOL' as I believe the kids call it - already.

Semicolons are indeed lovely, and strangely addictive.

He's the first black president?! My gosh, you learn something new every day. I thought Clinton was... oh, no, I see. Well done Obama.

Gav said...

Hello the Dan, I am Senor Widecock, and I would like to purchase this blog and drill it for oil

Alllllll niiiiiiight





(it's very hot in my office, I feel strange)

DanX said...

I know how you feel Senor, I have a hole in my shoe and so have had wet feet all day. And like the pauper I am, I can't afford new shoes until at least next week. Gay.

On the plus side, I just found out that Christina Ricci's dog is named Steve Goldberg, after (so my source claims) the guitarist from Cephalic Carnage. Beautiful, troubled, talented, and a lover of death metal. Fetch me a ticket to California!

Juniper said...

I also have a hole in my shoe and have had a damp sock all day. It's particularly unpleasant.

Hey-ho.